So, back in April when I was getting ready to rock a new 5k PR, I wrote a post about my history with the 5k. I really enjoyed looking at a cross-section of my history with that race distance. I actually wish that I had done it last week before my race this weekend. I think it would have helped with my mental preparation.
I also wrote a version of this back in 2010, right after I earned my still-standing half marathon PR.
So, here’s the Big List of Half Marathons…
- 2003 – Lincoln Half Marathon 2:28.12
- 2004 – Lincoln Half Marathon 2:11.35
- 2007 – Lincoln Half Marathon 1:57.55
- 2008 – Lincoln Half Marathon 2:05.12
- 2010 – Holy Half Marathon 1:46.25 *PR*
- 2011 – Borgess Half Marathon 1:49.55
- 2012 – Disney Princess Half Marathon 1:53.54
- 2012 – Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon 3:05.05 (pregnant)
- 2012 – Lady Speed Stick Half 3:10.53 (pregnant)
- 2014 – Echo Half Marathon 1:56.31
I didn’t actually remember that this was my tenth half marathon, until I looked up my info on Athlinks. Have you ever looked up your name? It’s so fun to see all your race stats in one place!
The first four races, all the Lincoln Half, were all pre-blog. It was a time when I considered myself a runner, but I didn’t know anything about training plans or intervals or tempo runs. I would just run two or three times a week and one long run on the weekends. I rarely wrote anything down. I didn’t own a garmin. It feels like a different lifetime ago.
Looking through my past race reports, it has lit a fire in my belly. I want to get fast again. I want to have a race where I push my limits and perform better than I expected. I’ve been shopping around for training plans. I’m hoping that this fall I’ll be able to break 1:45 in the half.
Anyone have a magical training plan that will earn me a new PR in the half?
What is your favorite race distance?